Here is a short practice exercise to help you get familiar with Auth0:
- Create an account – First, go to the Auth0 website and create a new account. Follow the prompts to set up your account and log in to your dashboard.
- Create a new application – Next, create a new application on the Auth0 dashboard. Choose the type of application you want to create and configure the authentication settings, including specifying the allowed callback URLs and setting up the different authentication methods you want to support.
- Integrate Auth0 with a sample application – To practice integrating Auth0 with an application, use a sample application provided by Auth0. The sample application should include documentation and instructions on how to integrate Auth0 with the application.
- Test and troubleshoot – After integrating Auth0 with the sample application, test and troubleshoot the integration to make sure everything is working correctly. Try different authentication methods and make sure the application is properly handling user identities and permissions.
- Customize the user experience – Finally, try customizing the user experience by implementing features such as role-based access control and single sign-on. Use the Auth0 documentation to help you implement these features.
By following these steps, you’ll gain hands-on experience with Auth0 and gain a better understanding of how it can be used to manage authentication and authorization for your applications.