Here is a short tutorial to help you get started with ASP.NET Core:
- Install .NET Core: Before you can start building ASP.NET Core applications, you need to install .NET Core on your machine. You can download the latest version of .NET Core from the official website.
- Install Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code: Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code are both popular development environments for building ASP.NET Core applications. You can download either of these IDEs from the official website.
- Create a new ASP.NET Core project: Once you have installed .NET Core and your IDE, you can create a new ASP.NET Core project. In Visual Studio, you can do this by selecting “File” > “New” > “Project” and choosing “ASP.NET Core Web Application” from the list of project templates. In Visual Studio Code, you can create a new project using the .NET Core CLI by running the command “dotnet new webapp”.
- Explore the project structure: When you create a new ASP.NET Core project, you will see a basic project structure with a few files and folders. Take some time to explore the project structure and get familiar with the different files and folders.
- Run the application: Once you have created your project, you can run it to see the default ASP.NET Core application in action. In Visual Studio, you can do this by clicking the “Start” button or by pressing F5. In Visual Studio Code, you can run the application using the .NET Core CLI by running the command “dotnet run”.
- Add functionality: Once you have your application up and running, you can start adding functionality to it. ASP.NET Core includes a wide range of features that you can use to build web applications, such as MVC, Razor Pages, middleware, and more. You can add these features to your application by following the documentation and tutorials provided by Microsoft.
- Test the application: Once you have added functionality to your application, you can test it to make sure everything is working as expected. You can use tools like Postman to test your APIs, or you can write unit tests using the built-in testing framework.
Overall, ASP.NET Core is a powerful and versatile framework that provides developers with a range of features and benefits. This short tutorial should help you get started with building your own ASP.NET Core applications. With a little bit of practice, you should be able to build robust and efficient web applications using ASP.NET Core.