Here’s a short tutorial on how to get started with Python:
- Install Python on your computer. You can download the latest version of Python from the official website (https://www.python.org/downloads/).
- Open your terminal or command prompt and start the Python interpreter by typing
pythonand hitting enter. You should see the Python prompt (
>>>) indicating that the interpreter is ready to accept your commands.
- Try out your first Python command by typing
print("Hello, World!")and hitting enter. You should see the output
Hello, World!in the console.
- To exit the Python interpreter, type
exit()and hit enter.
- To write a full Python script, open a text editor or IDE and create a new file with a
.pyextension. For example, you could create a file called
- In your script, add the following code:
- Save the file and run it from the terminal or command prompt by typing
python hello.py. You should see the same output as before:
In this tutorial, you’ve learned how to start the Python interpreter, run a simple command, and write a full Python script. These are the basics of working with Python, and you can now start learning more advanced concepts and techniques to build more complex and sophisticated programs.
Note that this is just a brief introduction to Python. To become proficient with the language, it’s recommended that you follow more comprehensive tutorials, take online courses, or read books and documentation on Python programming.
Add a Comment