Here’s a short practice exercise to help you get familiar with Perl:
- Create a new Perl script file, and start by declaring a variable that contains your name.
- Using the “print” statement, output a greeting message that includes your name. For example, “Hello, [Your Name]!”
- Declare an array that contains a list of your favorite foods.
- Use a loop to iterate through the array and print each food on a new line. For example, “I love [Food]!”
- Create a function that takes two parameters and returns their product. Call the function with two numbers and print the result.
- Use a regular expression to search for a specific word in a sentence. For example, search for the word “Perl” in the sentence “Perl is a powerful programming language.”
- Finally, save the file and run it using the Perl interpreter to make sure it works as expected.
This exercise covers some basic concepts and syntax of Perl, including variables, arrays, loops, functions, regular expressions, and file execution. By completing this exercise, you will gain practical experience with Perl and be on your way to mastering this powerful programming language.